Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathon

"Lock Mechanisms" article feedback

Hey, folks! There was an article posted the other day on the Gamedev homepage called "Lock Mechanisms in Game Design." This is the only article I have had published on Gamedev, and I am still pretty new at this sort of thing. I would really like to get the opinions of other Gamedev members. Did you like the article? Was it interesting? Could I have written it better? I plan to write another article, and I need all the help I can get. So if you have any suggestions, I would really like to hear from you. If you don''t want to post in the forum, please feel free to contact me by e-mail. (And by the way, thanks to those of you who have sent me e-mail already!) Or, if you would prefer, I would certainly enjoy discussing the topics touched on in the article. I think that using locks properly will give any designer an advantage, since so many other games misuse them. And in the end, using locks effectively is bound to lead to better games. Thanks for your help! Jonathon
quote:
"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush

Since all articles automatically have a thread attached to them for feedback, I''m going to close this and suggest that people post there (where there is already an active discussion going on).

You can go to it here.