• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nichollan

Online debate vs. MMO's

This topic is 3633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I've spent some time looking for a MMO lately, I think I might have been looking for a replacement of an online community that has kinda faded before me. In this online community there were lots of interesting discussions - and I think it was kind of like the ultimate MMO for me:
  • You could stylize your character however you wanted - your signature, your avater, your blog's look etc.
  • The gameplay was an art with many possibilities. You could explore this art with other players, and they could recognize you for your style.
  • You could train yourself, not your character, to get better in the gameplay by reading/grinding, getting informed in the relevant topics and be inspired by other players' way of gameplay. It was an unending process as new things got introduced to the game all the time (like eg stories in the news).
  • There were true conflicts related to belief and ideologies. Much more interesting than "good vs. evil."
  • Pretty much EVERYTHING was made by players - the graphics, the story and the "villains." You could explore more possibilities by getting better at web-design.
However, the reason for why this online community has faded before me is that a minority of the "players" ruined it for everyone else and got websites shut down - So online debates definitely has its weaknesses.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!