Beginning OpenGL Game Programming Ex

Started by
16 comments, last by hanrok 15 years, 2 months ago
Good evenning and happy holliday, According to reading 6 chapter of "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming", I want to know if is there more exercise by chapter except the "On Your Own"... I understand well the info and the idea of 3D programming but I think that I'm dont exercize enough. If you can give me more exercize it's will be good :).. I bought the book without the CD, I searched the CD at net but I found only the source of the chapter without the bonuses or the DirectX music (I saw that I can download the CD from the aouthors web, so I think it is legal). Thanks, Hanan.
Advertisement
I'm confused... if you can download the CD from the author's web site, why haven't you? Wouldn't that solve your lack-of-a-CD problem? Or does the CD found on the author's site contain only the source code.
I wanted to download from the author's website but I didnt find there anything so I go for google and that find me only the resources of the book without the bonuses...(I'm relly want to know how to combinate my games with sound)

To my other question, do you have any exercise for me?
Thx alot..
somebodey?
nehe.gamedev.net is the opengl tutorial god site.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I once read that World of Warcraft is poor fishing simulator. I don't know about you but I catch a lot more fish in World of Warcraft than I do in real life.
But I'm learning from BOGLGP this is not a good book (I think that the book explain very good) I'll go to nehe Only after I finish this book.

One other thing, this book using the Win32 API and WGL not like the other tutorials.
Quote:Original post by hanrok
But I'm learning from BOGLGP this is not a good book (I think that the book explain very good) I'll go to nehe Only after I finish this book.

Don't do that. Beginning OpenGL Game Programming is a good book. Going to NeHe will only ruin everything you learned in that book. The NeHe tutorials are an abomination. Stay away from them as far as you possibly can.

Anyway, if you feel that you don't exercise enough, then why not create a few exercises on your own ? Try to imagine what kind of problem could be solved with the material you learned in each chapter. Then write the solution to it. This approach is even better than simply doing pre-written exercises. It will not only make you think about solving a problem with what you learned, but also about situations it can be applied to. Especially the latter is sometimes difficult to grasp for a beginner. Training this part is very important.
This is my problem Im only beginner of Opengl and I dont think that Im exercies enaugh. I learned C C++ C# html php and other language but game programming with OpenGL is the hardest that I did far now.

I cant do exercises to my self because now, I think that I dont have enough imagination to program a game or an model...

unlinked to the subject, I dont know how the examples in the book loads 3D model and how am I make a 3D model..

sorry that my English is not very good...
Quote:Original post by hanrok
This is my problem Im only beginner of Opengl and I dont think that Im exercies enaugh. I learned C C++ C# html php and other language but game programming with OpenGL is the hardest that I did far now.

I cant do exercises to my self because now, I think that I dont have enough imagination to program a game or an model...

unlinked to the subject, I dont know how the examples in the book loads 3D model and how am I make a 3D model..

sorry that my English is not very good...

IMHO, I can't see how somebody that's good at coding could possibly be "creative." I love to code. I suck at making content. I'm imaginative but I lack the right-brain required to create it. My brother is right brained. He's a great artist. I tried to teach him how to program and his attention span just flew right out the window. Any person who is both greatly creative and very technical deserves a completely free scholarship to MIT.

If you really want to learn 3D modeling go to www.blender.org, download Blender and check out the community section of the website. If you're anything like me, take it slow. Right now, my greatest creative achievement is a rotating cube textured with a picture of Strongbad playing video games as a baby. Also, don't take this the wrong way, but a language barrier may be stunting your learning of this stuff. I bet there are plenty of websites out there in your native language that teach what you want to learn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I once read that World of Warcraft is poor fishing simulator. I don't know about you but I catch a lot more fish in World of Warcraft than I do in real life.
Thx,
1. I think that I'm in your level at opengl and I did only rotate cube lol...
2. I said that I dont have imagination because I didnt find any exercises in google search and I dont think that I can do exercises to myself..
3. Someone told me that better be if I start only with 2D game only to know how the game programming work, is this right?

Thank U very much!.. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement