• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Daggerbot

[win32] using multiple monitors

This topic is 3611 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm a little confused about ChangeDisplaySettingsEx. The first parameter is the internal name for the display device (such as \\.\DISPLAY1). What would this do if the device is attached to multiple monitors? How would you change the resolution of a particular monitor? Any help is appreciated. -dag EDIT: I may be wrong. Does the "display device" represent a video card or an output? [Edited by - Daggerbot on December 25, 2008 5:48:56 PM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Daggerbot
I'm a little confused about ChangeDisplaySettingsEx. The first parameter is the internal name for the display device (such as \\.\DISPLAY1). What would this do if the device is attached to multiple monitors? How would you change the resolution of a particular monitor? Any help is appreciated. -dag

EDIT: I may be wrong. Does the "display device" represent a video card or an output?
It's an output. If you have multiple monitors, you'll have multiple display devices, so you'd pass the appropriate one to ChangeDisplaySettingsEx.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!