Studio headphones

Started by
10 comments, last by Steve_Kaetzel 15 years, 3 months ago
I will need some good professional headphones for when I work at night. What do you guys suggest? I was looking at these. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826402013
Adam SmithComposerAdam Smith Studios www.asmithstudios.com
Advertisement
I have these AKG K240's and they're awesome
Simple, what you need is the Sennheiser HD 650. Best pair of cans I've ever had. But make sure you have a nice amp and have a nice library of high quality songs.. you'll start hearing all the artifacts in 128kb/s MP3's and 196kb/s audio. Once you get these headphones you'll never be able to go back.

If those aren't in your budget check out the Sennheiser HD 550. You can't go wrong with a German brand ;)
Quote:Original post by Instigator
Simple, what you need is the Sennheiser HD 650. Best pair of cans I've ever had. But make sure you have a nice amp and have a nice library of high quality songs.. you'll start hearing all the artifacts in 128kb/s MP3's and 196kb/s audio. Once you get these headphones you'll never be able to go back.

If those aren't in your budge check out the Sennheiser HD 550. You can't go wrong with a German brand ;)

How bout these? Do they measure up?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106392
Quote:Original post by dragnmastr85

If those aren't in your budge check out the Sennheiser HD 550. You can't go wrong with a German brand ;)

How bout these? Do they measure up?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106392

If you're listening to music with a lot of bass (Electronic, techno + Dance) you'll notice that those are a little lacking in that range. But at the same time for $100 excellent choice!
Well these will be used for production purposes so I don't want them lacking :p
What do you think about the headphones the previous user posted?
The Sennheiser HD650's are extremely good. Would probably be the best ones for any production your going to do.
Quote:Original post by dragnmastr85
Well these will be used for production purposes so I don't want them lacking :p
What do you think about the headphones the previous user posted?

You'll need to specify your budget and your current setup. Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop? What kind of sound card do you have? If your getting a nice pair of headphones your going to need to feed them with a good amplifier.

If you've got a laptop you can get the Echo Indigo IO, which plugs into the Card bus slot and provides a super clean analog signal. It is the best of the best for laptop audio amplification and costs about $125.

When you think of the term, "audio amplification" you may be thinking, "making the sound louder" but there is a lot more to the term. A proper amplifier will eliminate a lot of the static noise that comes out of my laptops audio output. In addition, this Indigo IO will also let me edit/listen to songs at 96khz/24 bit.

When it comes to Desktop amplification, you can look here
Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop? What kind of sound card do you have? If your getting a nice pair of headphones your going to need to feed them with a good amplifier.

Desktop. I currently use an E-MU 0404 audio interface. Didnt know Id need an amp for headphones :p
You don't. Sounds like s/he means converter, or interface.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement