• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sms-timing

SLIMDX: Effectpool E_FAIL, directX10

This topic is 3586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I don't have an idea what I'm doing exactly, but something goes wrong. That is for sure. I'm trying to figuere out the effect system in DX10. I wrote a simple vertexshader to transform with the worldprojection matrix. I've put my "common" variables in a seperate include file and I would like to use an effectPool. If I don't use the effectpool everything works fine. I pass the Indentity Matrix and I can run and view the MiniTri from the Samples. When I switch the code to use a Effectpool, the application crashes at the construction of the layout. SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectPool ep = SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectPool.FromFile(Device, "Common.fxh", "fx_4_0", SlimDX.Direct3D10.ShaderFlags.None, SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectFlags.None); Effect = D3D10.Effect.FromFile(Device, "MiniTri.fx", "fx_4_0", D3D10.ShaderFlags.None, D3D10.EffectFlags.ChildEffect , ep, null, out s); Technique = Effect.GetTechniqueByIndex(0); Pass = Technique.GetPassByIndex(0); D3D10.InputElement[] inputElements = new SlimDX.Direct3D10.InputElement[] { new D3D10.InputElement("POSITION",0,DXGI.Format.R32G32B32A32_Float,0,0), new D3D10.InputElement("COLOR",0,DXGI.Format.R8G8B8A8_UNorm,16,0) }; Layout = new D3D10.InputLayout(Device, inputElements, Pass.Description.Signature); << Here goes kaboom... Anybody has an idea? #include "Common.fxh" //shared cbuffer Common { //float4x4 ViewProjection; //}; struct VS_IN { float4 Pos : POSITION; float4 Col : COLOR; }; struct PS_IN { float4 Pos : SV_POSITION; float4 Col : COLOR; }; PS_IN VS( VS_IN aInput ){ PS_IN Output; Output.Pos = mul( aInput.Pos, ViewProjection ); Output.Col = aInput.Col; return Output; } float4 PS( PS_IN aInput ) : SV_Target{ return aInput.Col; } technique10 Render{ pass P0{ SetVertexShader( CompileShader( vs_4_0, VS() ) ); SetGeometryShader( NULL ); SetPixelShader( CompileShader( ps_4_0, PS() ) ); } }

Advertisement
I'm doing something wrong in my include file.

If I do this

SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectPool ep = SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectPool.FromFile(Device,
"common.fxh", "fx_4_0", SlimDX.Direct3D10.ShaderFlags.None, SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectFlags.None, out s);

SlimDX.Direct3D10.EffectVariable ev = ep.AsEffect().GetVariableByName("ViewProjection");
xxx = ev.AsMatrix();

The "ev" parameter is assigned, but is stated as Invalid. The xxx variabele on the other hand remains null.

this is how my common.fxh file looks like

//bof
shared cbuffer cbShared {
matrix ViewProjection;
};
//eof

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!