• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DWN

Microsoft Emulator

This topic is 3457 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have spent a lot of time trying to set up an emulated mobile project. After hitting the Microsoft Device Emulator 3 enough times with a hammer, it worked with the emulated mobile device I created, but I have not managed to get my application code working under the emulator. _ Environment =========== MSVC++ 2005 MS Device Emulator 3 (emulating MS Mobile 6) (Windows XP SP2, 2.4MHz CPU, 1.5GB RAM) Errors ====== Trying to run an FMOD function.. "The specified module could not be found." Trying to display fullscreen graphics using Windows GDI calls.. The screen does not change appearance at all _ Scouring the Internet for help, all I find are my own posts, or those of others who gathered no response. Plea: Could someone please send me an MSVC++ project that demonstrates audio and fullscreen graphics? I would be forever indebted!

Advertisement
I've used the emulator for testing several games on both cell phone and PDA, and they work just fine. I didn't use FMOD, though. I have used the Hekkus Sound System with good results.

Not all devices are created equal. The ROM images supplied with the emulator and the others available for download from MS are fairly comprehensive and emulate graphics and audio quite nicely.

If you have downloaded the image from your device, you are very likely to have device-specific drivers that work with your hardware, not with the emulator's emulated hardware.

Thank you for that pointer, and your quick reply! I'm excited to try out this sound library.

Hi,

I've been trying to use Hekkus - and like it very much. However, I need to use it in a certain way that does not seem obvious to implement.

My application uses a double-buffered audio stream, and a flag that tells the application when a buffer is free for writing. I am generating a great deal of sounds directly into the buffer this way.

Currently, I run this with fmod 3.75, but do not know how to do this under Hekkus, if such streaming double buffer functionality exists in Hekkus. (I see a protected method audioCallback() in class hssSpeaker and a class hssSoundChannel.) Could you please assist me with this issue?

I received a reply on this topic..
Sadly Hekkus currently doesn't provide an user interface to do audio stream, the audioCallback method is only used internally to process the audio buffer that come from the underlying hardware.

If anyone has any ideas about how to kickstart these mobile endeavors, please let me know...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!