Sign in to follow this  

SlimDX: Effect.FromFile

This topic is 3309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong but for some reason is my Effect.Description.TechniqueCount always 0. The Effect doesn't give me a compilationerror and when cut the fx file contents and paste it in SimpleTriangle.fx, it works. The fx file is as simple as it gets. I'm using SlimDX, november release, D3D10 on a vista 32. kind regards Alexander struct VS_IN { float4 Pos : POSITION; float4 Col : COLOR; }; struct PS_IN { float4 Pos : SV_POSITION; float4 Col : COLOR; }; PS_IN VS( VS_IN aInput ){ PS_IN Output; Output.Pos = aInput.Pos; Output.Col = aInput.Col; return Output; } float4 PS( PS_IN aInput ) : SV_Target{ return aInput.Col; } technique10 Render{ pass P0{ SetVertexShader( CompileShader( vs_4_0, VS() ) ); SetGeometryShader( NULL ); SetPixelShader( CompileShader( ps_4_0, PS() ) ); } }

Solved

It took me an evening to fiquere out what was going wrong, so I reply to my own post with the sollution.

The problem was that the fx file was created by Visual studio. Therefor the file was in unicode. After converting the file to Ansi with notepad++, the descriptions where loaded.

Maybe it would be a good idea to raise an exception if the file was in unicode? Everything seems to go correct, but it simply doesn't work.

kind regards

Alexander

Sign in to follow this