• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
namingway

[java] Saving files server side

This topic is 3490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on a project which allows people to make a simple game online with a web applet. The problem is I don't know how to save the files on the server. Is there any way at all to do this with an applet or will I have to use something else? For a basic example of the program so far click here -Regards Namingway [Edited by - namingway on December 26, 2008 7:45:31 PM]

Advertisement
After a quick google, all the sites I found say you can't write files back to a server directly from an applet.

Most solutions involve using a seperate sever side application to write the files, which the applet sends data too.

You might want to look into Java Servlet, running on something like Tomcat.

Or possible some other kind of sever app which reads HTTP Post requests. (E.g. cgi, php, etc...)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!