Rage 2c graphics card

Started by
2 comments, last by markleman 22 years, 10 months ago
i''m new to open gl and i have a small problem, specs: pentium 333 96 meg ram rage 2c graphics card running windows me i have done loaded a lot of the tutorials and demos and they all seem to run very very slow. i have looked on the web for new drivers for my graphics card and they all see use the drivers provided with me. do i need a new graphics card, if so which one cheers
Advertisement
OpenGL assumes that you have a decent video card, as it was intended from the beginning to be run as much as possible by the hardware. So, yes, you probably need a new video card. There''s lots of cheap ones out there that are good enough for OpenGL. NVidia''s TNT2 (it''s kind of old, but had great OpenGL support for its time) is really cheap now. NVidia''s Geforce2 MX is also pretty cheap, and gives great performance, as well as supporting OpenGL very well.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
The Rage IIc doesn''t have OpenGL support, the Rage Pro does however.
Celeron ][ 566 @ 850256MB PC-100 CAS2 RAMDFI PA-61 Mainboard (250MB memory bandwidth sucks, it should be 500MB)ATI Radeon 32MB DDR LEWindows 98SE
I used to have a rage IIc as well. I couldn''t even get it to run OpenGL programs. Yes, you should probably get a new vid card. A TnT2, Rage Fury Pro, Geforce MX, or a Radeon will do fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement