• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[SlimDX] Effectpool example DirectX10

This topic is 3390 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I noticed that their are not to many examples availabel for the directx10 part of slim DX. I've made a small one on EffectPools. It is comparable with the SlimDX examples, I started from the empty project. The example is 95% working. The shaders work, share a common file and buffer, but it crashes on the effect creation. Maybe somebody could have a look on the example? It is 11K zipped and requires the november release of slimDX. SlimDX is also free to add the example to their release. What is the appropriate way of donating source? I assume your subversion repository is read only? kind regards Alexander

Advertisement
Right now we don't have a method for user contributions, although if you email either me or Promit we should be able to integrate your example by the next release.

Otherwise, you could wait until we get a permanent solution into place. Right now there's an open issue on the Google page to set up a community section on a new SlimDX website. Still in planning stages right now, but I'll add this topic to the list. The link is here.

Hi

Thanks for your answer. I could ask my admin (when he returns from holiday) to set up a public subversion repository on our of servers. Then we could donate the bandwidth and space if you like? My company is also one of the biggest sponsors of the Firebird Foundation. www.firebirdsql.org

In the meanwhile I was able to get the effectpool up and running. I don't mind writing tutorials and small examples, since we have the same problem as everybody else. One developer has some time or an idea, and he has to port his idea to another 4 developers. A small application often sais more than a thousand words.

It would also offer us a great advantage of getting some feedback / better ideas of good developers. Therefor you can help us, by allowing us to help you.

kind regards

Alexander

I like the idea of a public subversion repository; Perforce hosts a public p4 depot that houses a lot of contributed code and it seems to work out fairly well. My main concern is with permissions. I'd want to be able to grant and revoke user accounts, and prevent users from messing with branches they're not supposed to have access to. I'm not sure how good Subversion is at that type of management and permissions control.

Quote:
Original post by Promit
I like the idea of a public subversion repository; Perforce hosts a public p4 depot that houses a lot of contributed code and it seems to work out fairly well. My main concern is with permissions. I'd want to be able to grant and revoke user accounts, and prevent users from messing with branches they're not supposed to have access to. I'm not sure how good Subversion is at that type of management and permissions control.

Using authz_svn with apache2 you can manage users both individually and by group, and set access (read, write, or both) on a per directory basis. Users are controlled via a htpasswd file, and groups via an ini-style custom file, though there is a GUI editor available.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement