• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Good forum for Mac programming questions?

This topic is 3366 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

At work our software is built for Macs and for PCs, but I haven't used a Mac in ages, so I'm unfamiliar with Xcode and any other weirdness I might encounter on the Mac. Does anyone have a suggestion for some friendly Mac forums where I can ask stupid questions about Xcode and so-on? Thanks!

Advertisement
I tried looking at the Apple site, but immediately got lost and couldn't find what I was after. I still really haven't found anything like what I was looking for in the form of a forum or mailing list, but I did find a book that had all the answers that I needed: "Xcode 3 Unleashed" by Fritz Anderson. This covered all the ins and outs of the Xcode IDE without spending too much time going over stuff like Objective C or the Cocoa API. Since we use Qt or wxWidgets for our application framework, learning Objective C or Cocoa/Carbon is largely a distraction because that's not what we use for our applications. We rarely, if ever, write any code that calls directly into Win32 or Carbon/Cocoa. Similarly, we use C++ and not Objective C for all our source.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement