Saying Hi... Audio and Music for Games?

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 15 years, 3 months ago
I'm new to the forum and the avenue of game development. I'm a music guy with some credits composing for film, ads, web content, etc. I've always been a gamer and know that I can create audio content on the level (or better) than some of the games I've played. Nice to meet you. Where do I start?
Advertisement
Hi! Welcome to GameDev.

Quote:Original post by JoeMiller
Where do I start?

Check the Help Wanted forum for a project that seems promising and is looking for audio/music content and possibly volunteer your services. Alternately, look for people interested in game development locally and see if you can't get in on the ground floor of a new project.

Good luck!
Recommended reading:
http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html
Articles 53 & 54

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks for the words.... nice article. Informative and cheeky. ;)

I'm certainly anxious to do some "sweat equity" work. I was hoping to find someone in need of free or deferred custom music.

Till then...

I've been looking at (and learning a little) FMOD based on another article I read. Do you guys find these programs to be something audio guys need to find work?

I'm going to move you to Music & Sound for this one, you'll probably get a better response there. There's also a sticky thread from Nathan 'nsmadsen' Madsen which is well worth a read-through for someone in your position.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement