"C++", "i++", etc... look wrong in "Show Preview"

Started by
4 comments, last by Oluseyi 15 years, 3 months ago
If I type "C++" in a post, and hit "Show Preview" before hitting Submit, it shows "C" instead of "C++". This is quite critical when using "source" tags and then checking if your code (which contains things like "i++" and such in it) was formatted correctly. Can it be fixed? P.S. I checked in SeaMonkey and Firefox, and it happens in both.
Advertisement
It's a known issue with the preview box that plus signs basically don't show up. It won't be fixed in V4 (current version), but is already fixed in V5 (which we should release to preview in Q1 2009).
Maybe as a temporary measure we could at least add a note to the previews mentioning it?

We get a lot of people assuming that the + sign won't show up in the post at all when it isn't in their previews.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
... V5 (which we should release to preview in Q1 2009).

Great news, and congratulations on approaching your goal after such hard work!

--------------------Enigmatic Coding
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
It's a known issue with the preview box that plus signs basically don't show up. It won't be fixed in V4 (current version), but is already fixed in V5 (which we should release to preview in Q1 2009).

Is there a list of features that will be available then? If not, may I ask what the new master features will be?
Quote:Original post by anothrguitarist
Great news, and congratulations on approaching your goal after such hard work!

Thanks. There's still a lot to be done - we're working on the UI, and need to bring those two areas closer together to meet our goals.

Quote:Original post by phresnel
Is there a list of features that will be available then? If not, may I ask what the new master features will be?

Sorry, we're not going to make any statements until we're certain exactly what we will be releasing into preview.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement