Best 3D Modeler program for the newbie artist

Started by
13 comments, last by masterconjurer 22 years, 9 months ago
I was just curious as to which 3D Modeling software would be good and low in $$$ for a graphics novice like myself? I''m balancing between being a Programmer and a 3D Artist/Modeler! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Master Conjurer
Advertisement
milkshape was made just for that. it''s low cost, works great, and is easy to import.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Thanks Julio, i''ll check that out!

Master Conjurer
I''m moving this, you''ll probably get a better response in the Visual Arts forum.
" The fastest code is the code you don't call "
Ok.
Don''t blame but if it for education purpose, then you can have a warez copy from 3dstudio max, i have this program and is very good..

in the legal way, some old version from truespace is for free (2 or 3?) and is very easy to use, but in opposite is very limited.
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
quote:Original post by eng3d
Don''t blame but if it for education purpose, then you can have a warez copy from 3dstudio max, i have this program and is very good..

Very good? I think modelling in 3DS MAX is plain HELL. It has a neat renderer, though. It makes smooth output.
But that modelling.. I don''t get it. Why everything is made so hard? Why can''t I select polygons and make it a new surface? Why can''t I move individual points when in NURBS mode? Why there is no lasso tool for selecting polys and why re-selecting doesn''t remove selected polys but ADDS them to already selected?

Very good? I think modelling in 3DS MAX is plain HELL. It has a neat renderer, though. It makes smooth output.
But that modelling.. I don''t get it. Why everything is made so hard? Why can''t I select polygons and make it a new surface? Why can''t I move individual points when in NURBS mode? Why there is no lasso tool for selecting polys and why re-selecting doesn''t remove selected polys but ADDS them to already selected?

Whoosh! Look at that.. you get 2 bonus replies.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement