Tutorial Suggestions

Started by
19 comments, last by SeanHowe 22 years, 5 months ago
A Good camera-tutorial is always needed
Advertisement
Yeah, a decent camera tutorial might as well be added to the list. It should probably cover both first and third person (or have 2 seperate tuts).
WHAT ABOUT A GOOD BACKGROUNDS IN DX8 TUTORIAL?????
Thats a big problem... big images with older videocards....

How to divide a big BMP image into 256X256 quadrants and use this divisions as Textures????

CNE
I have become a fan of nexe just recently. I would like to see some basic physic properties applied to an object, or maybe how to do collision detection with player vs. environment, more specifically maybe player vs .x file. how to make walls in a .x file or trees and definitely the ground in penetrable. Please keep in mind I am still new to this, so some of this may be repetitive as far as what needs to be taught. I have done all 6 tutorials in the SDK and am actively seeking more content. Beginning Direct 3d is ok, but sometimes it leaves me confused. Thanks for you time and your site.

Dave

There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who can count, and those who cant.
Dave_________________There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who can count, and those who cant.
If you just want a background you can just load the full .bmp as a surface rather than a texture and blit it directly to the render surface. That''s what I do for title screens and what not.

-eco
"Build a man a fire, and you keep him warm for an evening.Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life!"-Unknown
How about fullscreen interface design using DX8?
I wrote some tutorials on Linked Lists, DInput8 Keyboard, and DInput8 Mouse I gave them to Bunnies to put up a while back but he still hasn''t put them up yet .

Eric Wright o0Programmer0o

AcidRain Productions
my two cents: [start chant] cel-shading! cel-shading! cel-shading! [/end chant]

~SuperRoy
Sup guys?
I thought of a few others:
- using DirectShow to play mp3s
- object management (how to create/delete objects on the fly)
- loading a bitmap to make a terrain
- force feedback basics
- anti-aliasing, motion blurring, and fogging
I think I may write one on the bitmap terrain thing, though the terrain will be very simplistic . Also one on D3DXSPrite will be up as wel once I get around to working on it.

AcidRain Productions

Edited by - KingsRevenge on November 4, 2001 8:28:27 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement