MMOFPS Design...If anyone would be interested...

Started by
2 comments, last by mrbastard 15 years, 3 months ago
I would like to have a team develop a MMOFPS design of mine. It's a pretty cool concept in my opinion. You see, I have no game development skills what-so-ever, however, I do have an idea. Now, this design is not complete, but I am planning to build upon it as it goes, allowing more flexibility. Let me give you a few details of what the idea of the game is, without giving away too much about the game itself. - MMOFPS (I repeat myself for emphasis. EDIT: After giving it thought, why not wait for the 'Online' part, for now LAN capabilities seems sufficient.). - Ironic in nature. - Full of humor (Crude humor, or not.). - Light-hearted look and feel. - Serious game play. A little about the game play : - Squad-Based interactions. - Wanting VoIP (but not necessary). - Mouse/Keyboard Generic Setup (for familiarity.) - Jumping, Crouching, Cover (All available actions.) A little about the options to change the game up the user has : - Character customization at any time. - Game modes including the basics (DM, TDM, CTF, etc.) - Custom game modes. - Arsenal of fantasy weapons to choose from. - More to be added... I would love to elaborate more, but I don't want to release much more. If you are interested, and just want more details, PM me, and I will tell you a little more about it. I'm not looking for someone to develop this game just so I can be 'Mr. Controlling I-AM-THE-DESIGNER!', I just want to see one of my brainchildren come to life, and to allow people everywhere to experience them and enjoy them. Please, get back to me if you are interested. Thank you, Mattius
Advertisement
wrong section for looking for help.
This belongs in the "Help Wanted" forum since you're trying to assemble a team. Before you post there, you should read this, it relates directly to your situation "I have no skills, but I have an idea!."

If you're going to post in Help Wanted, there's a Mandatory Posting Template.

Best of luck with your endeavor.
Why not make a mod for an existing game similar to what you want to achieve, like Team Fortress 2?

That way you get to learn a bit about game development while prototyping your ideas. You also end up with something to show people to get them interested in whatever makes your gameplay novel.
[size="1"]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement