3D Game Engine

Started by
5 comments, last by freeworld 15 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I would like to start my own game using a DirectX 9 3D game engine with a commercial license for Windows. However i don't want one who looks like "total garbage" and i don't want the Source engine/hl2 My max profits are 600$ (I can afford more if its really good) Do you know of any good engines?
Advertisement
OGRE3D or Irrilict Engines work fine
hmm html ftw?
Why do you want an engine that uses DX 9? Most engines abstract the user from the rendering API almost entirely I believe.
There are ton of decent engines out there with pretty much the same capabilities. Check out the engine database on devmaster.net. The bigger issue is having strong design and art tools and a facilitating pipeline. Its not so much the power of the engine, but how you use it [wink]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
C4 may meet your needs.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Another vote for OGRE.

The truth is, once you're beyond the basic lighting and shading techniques, the skill of your artist is much more important than the technological features of the "engine" you're using. Decent tools, a functional rendering engine, and a good artist will produce AAA looking games.

*edit : fixed spelling
Quote:Original post by wuhuu
Hello,

I would like to start my own game using a DirectX 9 3D game engine with a commercial license for Windows.

However i don't want one who looks like "total garbage" and i don't want the Source engine/hl2

My max profits are 600$ (I can afford more if its really good)

Do you know of any good engines?

google? and once you have the engine would you know how to use it? Engine aren't like game makers, in the sense that you won't have to do any coding.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement