• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BirdyG

3D Sandpit driving style game design help needed

This topic is 3458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am in the process of designing a game (sandpit style) to which I want to attempt at re creating all the roads and streets in one of the London boroughs. I would like to be able to implement a vehicle to which there is a choice of and for the graphics to be of reasonable quality, ie not just blocks or skinnable blocks. The aim of the game is to be able to learn the road and streets as if driving around it for real (minus cost of petrol) obviously it would be less of the original scale . Are there any games out there that are very simiar to this idea that can be modified etc? I have trawled through google without any luck. There are a few programs that I have seen which may be able to get things rolling such as: Plantum Arts Sandbox & 3d Rad tool If any of you guys know of a better program to use or able to assist with my quest please let me know. I would appreciate it very much :) BirdyG

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!