• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DrHalan

[web] OpenSource Social Network

This topic is 3601 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I am wondering wheter there is an opensource alternative to sites like facebook. Maybee even incooperating with XMPP or other GNU software. greetings, Halan

Advertisement
cool

but i thought of something decentralised where multiple servers can interact with another so one could prevent the centralisation of personal data.

I haven't come across anything decentralised yet. It sounds interesting though. Perhaps you should develop it?

I for myself are just scared of big commercial sites like facebook getting popular it would be cool if something like this would work decentralised.

I have never coded with XMPP or so but maybe one could have additional account data on the server and with a proper XMPP client you can request user profiles just like emails or so. And taht way you could also write a web client for it.

But again this looks like a lot of work and i hoped someting like this would exist.

How would I go on writing/proposing a Jabber-Extension?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!