• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Josh@Dreamland

OpenGL Linking to GLEW [just never mind.]

This topic is 3548 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've looked for literally hours for a way to statically link GLEW. Some say "You have to define GLEW_BUILD as GLEW_STATIC". Others say "You have to define static so it knows you're building an exe" One even gave instructions on linking to the GLEW DLL. Everyone else is talking about XCode for Apple. None of these things apply to me. I don't want a DLL, and I already have the official static lib, I believe. There's a GLEW binary release at glew.sourceforge.net that comes with the static lib. It's named glew32s.a. However, when I link to it, it's just as good as linking to nothing at all; any function I call from GLEW screams undefined reference. The other library included is just glew32.a, which is smaller because it instead links to a DLL, which as I said, I don't want to do. Am I wrong about glew32s.a? Am I misunderstanding, and you're only supposed to use the C file they give you? I compiled it as an object file with GLEW_STATIC defined. ------------------------------------------ -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows -lopengl32 "C:/Dev-Cpp/include/zlib/libzlib.a" C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.bss+0xe18):glew.c: multiple definition of `__glewBindFramebufferEXT' Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSsurface.o(.bss+0x0):GSsurface.cpp: first defined here C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.bss+0xe34):glew.c: multiple definition of `__glewFramebufferTexture2DEXT' Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSsurface.o(.bss+0x8):GSsurface.cpp: first defined here C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.bss+0xe3c):glew.c: multiple definition of `__glewGenFramebuffersEXT' Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSsurface.o(.bss+0x4):GSsurface.cpp: first defined here SHELLmain.o(.text+0x72):SHELLmain.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glewInit' SHELLmain.o(.text+0x16b):SHELLmain.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__wglewIsSupported' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x389):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x3bd):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x3f1):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x425):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x469):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x49d):glew.c: more undefined references to `wglGetProcAddress@4' follow C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x13925):glew.c: undefined reference to `glGetString@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x139c1):glew.c: undefined reference to `glGetString@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x16504):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x16548):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x1657c):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x165b0):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x165e4):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x16628):glew.c: more undefined references to `wglGetProcAddress@4' follow C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x17a19):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetCurrentDC@0' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x17abf):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' C:/Dev-Cpp/include/GL/glew.o(.text+0x17ad3):glew.c: undefined reference to `wglGetProcAddress@4' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make.exe: *** [test.exe] Error 1 Execution terminated ---------------------------------------- I then compiled with GLEW_BUILD defined as GLEW_STATIC. 100 KB bigger, identical errors. I'm out of ideas. Help greatly appreciated. [Edited by - Josh@Dreamland on January 7, 2009 3:38:48 PM]

Advertisement
Have you tried compiling it with a version of GCC that isn't ancient? Go get yourself a copy of Code::Blocks bundled with MinGW and see if that helps. Dev-C++ is a dead project. Just keep in mind that the current version of MinGW crashes on throw.

Just tried Code::Blocks. Does the same thing. =
Forget it. I'm switching to GLee. Thank you for the help anyway.

[Edited by - Josh@Dreamland on January 6, 2009 6:19:36 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!