• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoeSSU

Deferred lighting debugging

This topic is 3625 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to iron out my algorithm, and there are some things that "aren't like the textbooks" and i'm not sure if i'm ok or not. First off, my RT containing position information is not like ones i have seen. in all the examples i see.... it looks like a foggy white scene, whereas in my algorithm the RT is broken up into 4 quadrants, red green yellow and black, and "0,0" is in the center of the screen. I think the normal buffer is correct but again i'm not exactly sure what the behavior should be, should moving the camera affect the color of the object in the normal buffer? yes right? the texture RT lol... easy. Secondly,when i move the camera, the lighting moves around.... Duhhh there is some matrix weirdness going on, but i'm not sure where. Feels to me like i am not multiplying my lights by the camera matrix? i think i checked that though. Lastly, Multiple lights and point lights, i dont feel i have attempted this well enough to talk about it, and if i get the previous 2 problems solved i think i can do this much better. Thanks for the help. here are some pictures, the site is the name of my team, just a couple of friends from college. I have 1 directional light in this scene. http://www.deadbeefgames.com/GravitasPictures/LightingFin.jpg http://www.deadbeefgames.com/GravitasPictures/LightingAlmostDone.jpg

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!