FBO performance drops

Started by
0 comments, last by AverageJoeSSU 15 years, 3 months ago
Hi I am having some problems with FrameBufferObjects in some situations with specific hardware ( Geforce 6500 GT ). The program is running without problems, but at some time it start to append too much time on the swap buffers ( going from 60 fps to nearly 7 ). I have searched for the cause and discovered that some framebuffers when binded, caused that fps drop. Without binding any FBO, the frame rate goes to the normal ( without binding it but still rendering the FBO scene ). That FBO where the problem occurs is the same that was used when the FrameRate was normal. I have tested and the problem aparenttly only occur when there are in two monitor mode. Some time ago, the FBO was working correctly in the same hardware. somebody have Any idea or sugestion about what is occuring? thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I'm not sure what you are doing, but the FBO's memory gets drastically larger when your resolution gets bigger.

does this work without a problem on lower-end hardware than a 6500 GT? im not even sure how much lower you can go with FBOs.

------------------------------

redwoodpixel.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement