• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Decept

Loading dll files in another folder

This topic is 3455 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a lobby application that launches games that are specifically made for the lobby. The lobby and games all use a couple of dll files with common functionality. But I'm having problem coming up with a nice folder structure. Each game have several files, the exe and resources. A nice solution would be something like this: MainAppFolder I +--Lobby I +--Res +--Common (dll files) +--Game1 I +--Res +--Game2 +--Res The problem is that I load the dll files using their lib files and the lobby and games won't start because they can't find the dlls. Is there some way to tell the lobby and games to search for the dll files in a specific folder? It will be pretty messy if everything has to be in the same folder.

Advertisement
I'll just quote SiCrane (answer to a similar thread 3 pages ago)

Quote:

You could add the directory of the DLLs to the PATH, set your program to delay load the DLLs and use SetDllDirectory() to ad the directory to the search path, or just get all your projects to place the files in the same directory.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!