• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LetsKillDave

OpenGL David "LetsKillDave" Weller joins NVIDIA

This topic is 3541 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Rather than wait for the press to broadcast this announcement (ok, to be honest, the press doesn't care :) ), I'll talk about it myself: I joined NVIDIA this week as their Developer Programs Manager. My initial focus will be to address the myriad, um, challenges with developer.nvidia.com, but over time will expand to additional programs and events. I've taken a break from GDNET for several months, mostly while I took care of family issues. It was a needed break, but I'm totally stoked to be back in the game again, and look forward to hanging with old and new peeps (because I'll be hanging with new peeps on the OpenGL/OpenCL side as well as DX). For now, I need to get back to my new grind, but I'll be around. And, of course, you can always find me via my blog and twitterfeed! DGW P.S. I want to give a special thanks to my (former) DirectX MVPs, who were left in a bit of a vacuum when I departed Microsoft. Many of them sent me emails of encouragement and support as I went through some challenging family matters over the last 6 months, and I'm grateful for their words.

Advertisement
Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to working with you on your new job as well :)

-Niko

Good to hear you're back up and running Dave and look forward to seeing you on the forums in the future [grin]

Currently making my plans to head over to Seattle for the MVP Summit so we'll get to see what Redmond post-DW is like [oh]

Quote:
Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook
I believe announcing your existence on GameDev already puts you ahead of most of their previous developer relations staff.
[lol] very true! It would make for a welcome change if the hobbyist/non-AAA developers were paid a bit more attention..

Cheers,
Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
Currently making my plans to head over to Seattle for the MVP Summit so we'll get to see what Redmond post-DW is like [oh]

Who will ZMan pick on this year without Dave there?

We'll always be your MVPs Dave, but don't tell Kathleen! [grin]

Congratulations, Dave, nice to see you here!

Now we just need to find someone who will let us fire semi-automatic weapons at the next MVP Summit :-)

Quote:
Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook
I believe announcing your existence on GameDev already puts you ahead of most of their previous developer relations staff.

Ba-zing! Wow...ok, ok. Just keep in mind that NVIDIA dev rel team is VERY small but has a VERY large surface to cover (much larger than Microsoft's old DX del rel team). I can't even guarantee that I'll be hanging out a lot on here (I have my own forums to get fixed up at developer.nvidia.com, which are pretty FUBAR'ed at the moment :( ). However, I love hanging with this happy group (ok, sometimes a grouchy group :-) and I'll do everything I can to help.

If there's ever a need to escalate to me regarding NVIDIA dev tools, I can always be reached via direct twitter message at letskilldave or dweller at nvidia dot com.

Quote:
Original post by legalize
Congratulations, Dave, nice to see you here!

Now we just need to find someone who will let us fire semi-automatic weapons at the next MVP Summit :-)

Hey, you're not supposed to let on to the fact that I own a large assortment of toys that President Obama wants to ban :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!