• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix_Fury

CryEngine2 or UT3 Engine?

This topic is 3547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What do you consider the best from a perspective of someone creating their own little game from scratch? I'm looking for something that is current gen, easy to get in to with lots of online tutorial support, but also something that has the flexibility and power of tools that would allow me to do completely new things.

Advertisement
Get both, play around with both, decide which is better for your game. They're both good, have good support & slick editors, and have plenty of online help available.

-me

I am not looking for a commerical engine, just something to mod as a learning aid.

I have trouble breaking through the learning curve on most complex programss so ease of use and good online resources are a must.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!