FirstPersonCamera View in C#

Started by
7 comments, last by OwenGameDev 15 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I've been searching many many many! posts and forums and the whole Google nearly to make a First Person shooting game. So I thought if I could make a first person camera view then so I can look around with mouse then it would give me an head start. Can anybody ink me to any tutorials on how to do this? and plus if it needs to be in direct X in C#, Can anybody link be to any tutorials so i can set it up in C# and install it in C#? thanks, Regards, Owen.
Advertisement
I have a first person camera demo on my site. It's in C# but uses XNA rather than managed DX. Click here.
http://www.dhpoware.com
ok. i dont really want it in XNa, because i didnt quite like it. ( i never got an answer on my topics i made.)

But thanks anyway dpoon!
Quote:Original post by OwenGameDev
ok. i dont really want it in XNa, because i didnt quite like it. ( i never got an answer on my topics i made.)

But thanks anyway dpoon!

The logic and mathematics will be the same either way, it'd be a good idea to check it out.
Ok, i've checked it out and spent hours and all i managed to compile is:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace Game
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{
public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void Form1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
int camera;

if (e.KeyCode == Keys.Add)
{
//camera += 1;

//if (camera > 1.0f)
camera = 1;
}

if (e.KeyCode == Keys.Subtract)
{
//camera -= 1;

//if (camera <= 0.0f)
camera = 1;
}
}
}
}

Does anyone have it in plain C#?
You don't need to compile it to read the code and see how it is implemented. If you are unable to do that, I would suggest doing some reading on matrix math and how matrices are used in graphics, and that sort of thing.
I would rather get a game working with matrix and camera view not with a gun first. you found on that?
I would rather get a game working with matrix and camera view not with a gun first. you found on that?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking.

Quote:Original post by smitty1276
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking.

well... do you know day-of-defeat: source? if you dont then google image it there will be an image what will be first person shooter. Thats what i want . A basic firstperson camerea view with an image as the floor in plain C#. or if you cant get it in plain C#], a basic easy engine not XNA.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement