new at this

Started by
1 comment, last by garrett356 15 years, 3 months ago
OK i am a high school student and i have some programing experience in java and the basics in c++. I have put together a group of about 12 people who are all really smart and interested in developing a game. I have 2 music buffs 1 artist 4 beginning models/animators with previous experience in engineering with autodesk inventor. the rest are programmers. We have decided on the elemental engine II and want a game with first person fighting with ceaser IV and Pharaoh type city building elements. where should i start to get my team more experienced? Oh and we really have no money so we're trying to do everything on free software with a license like Elemental Engine II. Any help would be really awesome. :)
Advertisement
How skilled are you and your programmers? If you all have enough skills, you may want to try a very basic, dumbed down, proof of concept. Basically that means you make a super simple version of the game without any eye candy and with simple actions. (just google "proof of concept" for more info on it).

If you don't have enough experience to make a proof of concept, then start of with simpler games. Pac-man, Tetris, bomber man, etc. Make the simple games in 2D first, then remake them in 3D and add some eye candy. Then work on your proof of concept.

If that's too much work, then you need to start on basic programming skills.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
thanx for the help thats what i was planning on doing but i wasnt sure. all the programmers have enough experience at minimum to make the 2d games this is our first try at 3d.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement