• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
halfpint

DirectX Mentor Bay Area

This topic is 3449 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a senior in high school and part of our English class we have to do a "Senior Project" this is a two part project that takes most of the year, one part is a paper about a question and the second part is some project relating to your paper. My paper is about programming and my project is to write a program, part of the paper is to interview two different people and part of the project is to have a mentor help you along the way. I have been programming in C++ command prompt work for over a year and have recently moved to directx 9.0. I am using http://www.directxtutorial.com/ as my reference and i was wondering if there was anyone in the bay area that would like to be my mentor or any guidelines would really help. Emailing me would be the best way: halfpint1170@gmail.com if you have any questions you can respond to this post.

Advertisement
I haven't really looked at directxtutorial.com myself, but it seems to have some less than stellar advice based on what other people have said here.

You might want to take a look at my book The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline and see if that helps clarify things for you.

I was wondering why the directx code he used was so easy lol. Ill take a look at your website Richard but finding a mentor is more important as of right now since i was supposed to already have found one, instead i got sidetracked with programming and playing games that i forgot to try and find one. I live in the bay area but might be willing to drive some what far distances if someone lives in like Sacramento or something. Anyway i am still trying to email someone who i know is in my area and programs, he might know directx but with my luck he probably knows java or something...

Also a programming ventrilo server would be really nice for help, im sure people would use it or at least i would if people where online. Just a suggestion.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!