[web] I need to dynamically create a visualization tree out of a list of objects (asp.net)

Started by
0 comments, last by oSKOTTIEo 15 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys. I want something that will do this (you'll see it on the left side): http://thinkbase.cs.auckland.ac.nz/ My problem is that I have a list of, say, different types of dogs. I want one dog to be in the middle of the visualization, and then have a bunch of other dogs that are connected by a spring type of thing. The length of the connection to a dog from the center dog will represent how far away "biologically speaking" a dog is from the center dog. So I'm making an application using asp.net and c# and microsoft visual web developer. I've looked around for asp based libraries that can do the following but I've only come across java-based ones. I'm also not that great at web development so don't know much. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions
[size=2]aliak.net
Advertisement
I've actually done something extremely similar before, with the same bouncy effect and everything.

I found a &#106avascript graph library (this was done last summer so I couldn't tell you which one it was, there are plenty out there), and then used JSP (you can use ASP to do the same) to dynamically create the &#106avascript that creates the graph. The javscript will be injected into the HTML and will create the graph via the interface for your specific &#106avascript graph library. I wish I had the code laying around but thats how I hacked it together, and you don't even need a Java applet.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement