• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Toolmaker

GameMonkey from within C#?

This topic is 3449 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm currently doing some mild experimentation work with .NET and I want to try some scripting from within a C# application. Nothing serious, and I don't want to use C++ for experimenting with this. I used GM in the past and really enjoyed using it, so I wanna use it again for my project. Does anyone know any if there are bindings for .NET? I tried some googling around and searched the GM forums, but I couldn't find anything on it. Toolmaker

Advertisement
Yea, I saw that before, and from what I've read, it's no longer supported / in use. I don't have the time to write my own wrapper around it or search further, because I'm just developing a very simple prototype.

Anyway, I decided to go with Lua, because there's an extremely simple wrapper for Lua to use in the CLR called LuaInterface. Integrating it was a breeze(See here) and it actually works quite good.

To my surprise it even supports invoke CLR objects / types, so I'm currently experimenting the other way around: Trying to load CLR into the scripts and invoking those.

Toolmaker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!