• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BlackWind

Which questions would you ask about this topics in an interview?

This topic is 3542 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Well, i'm preparing my self to an interview in Intel. I applied to a job for measuring the performance in videogames. AFAIK, i'm not going to do any programming. This are going to be the topics of the inteview: 1.- Graphics knowledge: DirectX and OpenGL 2.- Debug capabilities: Methodologies and Tools 3.- Validation testing: Methodologies and Tools 4.- Performance and performance testing: how to measure the performance of the app, and the parameters that affect it. Now, keeping in mind the job, which questions would you ask me about those topics? If its a tricky question, you could always put the answer lol :D Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
This isn't the specificity you're looking for [grin], but...
It depends on the interviewing style of the company or interviewer. Sometimes, they just want to know how you think and the questions may not be directly related to the job at all.

I was once asked: "Imagine the CIA hands you a disk with a program on it, but they are worried about what it could do... they think its the most dangerous program ever written. They want you to determine if it is safe and what it does. How do you go about doing this?"

The brainstorming of ideas that followed got into memory dumps and processes and any number of other crazy things... it didn't matter, they just were interested in my thought process.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!