• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
adicrst

[web] How to do this ?

This topic is 3447 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to make a system that gives the users points for voting my site on the game ranking sites (ex. http://www.topwebgames.com/). I give them a link to what site to redirect them and ONLY after they vote, they receive the points in my database. The thing is, how do i check if they voted on the ranking site ? I use PHP for my RPG game

Advertisement
You see, it is not directly possible to access the website to check whether somebody voted on a remote rank site. I am guessing that this rank site is not yours? Ofcourse my assumptions, questions and confusions only occur because of the fact that I can't understand what you are trying to ask.

If you have access to the database of that website, even if read only, then it can be helpful. However if that particular website can display whether a person has voted on the website it might be possible. For example if some php page on that website takes the IP address or username as a get variable and then displays whether they voted or not you can achieve what you want.

It might behelpful if you tell us how you personally check whether somebody voted for your website.

The majority of the sites that I've seen assume that if the user has clicked the link, s/he has voted. This works, as most users will vote once they get there. They don't know the difference between clicking and actually voting.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!