LHcoord and RHcoord coord collada

Started by
11 comments, last by giugio 15 years, 3 months ago
Hy. I'm created a collada importer , now i must apply the transformation of the node scene for the meshes in my file. I read about the directx is a RhCoord system , so i flip the triangles with this function:

for (pos =0;pos < CountIndexes/3 ;pos ++ )
{
   int swap = m_CurrMeshIndexes[pos * 3 + 1];
   m_CurrMeshIndexes[pos * 3 + 1] = m_CurrMeshIndexes[pos * 3 + 2];
   m_CurrMeshIndexes[pos * 3 + 2] = swap;

}

is sufficent to transform to a lhcoord? And the transform matrix that use is calculate with: dxMAtrix = dxTranslateParent *dxRotate * scale; is correct? and.. i read this :
Quote: * Flip the order of triangle vertices so that the system traverses them clockwise from the front. In other words, if the vertices are v0, v1, v2, pass them to Direct3D as v0, v2, v1. * Use the view matrix to scale world space by -1 in the z-direction. To do this, flip the sign of the _31, _32, _33, and _34 member of the D3DMATRIX structure that you use for your view matrix.
how i scale hte view matrix by -1? or flip the sign of 31 32 33 ecc..? THanks. [Edited by - giugio on January 10, 2009 1:16:22 PM]
Advertisement
nobody?
Clicky?
i do this:

D3DXVECTOR3 pos(0.0f, 0.f,5.0f);	D3DXVECTOR3 target(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);	D3DXVECTOR3 up(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);	D3DXMATRIX V;	D3DXMatrixLookAtLH(		&V,		&pos,		&target,		&up);		D3DXMatrixScaling(&V,0,0,-1);		Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &V);	D3DXMATRIX dxMat;

is correct?
Thanks.
D3DXMatrixLookAtLH, D3DXMatrixScaling will generate a new matrix, overriding the old one. To apply them both you would have to multiply them.
Now i'm see nothing
i'm a little frustrated, this is the code , where i do the mistake?
D3DXVECTOR3 pos(0.0f, 0.f,5.0f);	D3DXVECTOR3 target(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);	D3DXVECTOR3 up(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);	D3DXMATRIX V;	D3DXMatrixLookAtLH(		&V,		&pos,		&target,		&up);		D3DXMATRIX V1;	D3DXMatrixIdentity(&V1);	D3DXMatrixScaling(&V1,0,0,-1);	V*=V1;	Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &V);	D3DXMATRIX dxMat;	/*D3DXMatrixIdentity(&dxMat);	D3DXMatrixScaling(&dxMat,1,1,-1); 	Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW,&dxMat);*/		D3DXMATRIX proj;	D3DXMatrixPerspectiveLH(			&proj,			D3DX_PI * 0.5f, // 90 - degree			(float)Width / (float)Height,			1.0f,			10000.0f);	Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION, &proj);thanks again
        D3DXMATRIX V;	D3DXMatrixLookAtLH(		&V,		&pos,		&target,		&up);		D3DXMATRIX V1,result;	D3DXMatrixScaling(&V1,0,0,-1);	D3DXMatrixMultiply(result,V,V1);        Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &result);        ...

Not tested. Also note that D3DXMatrixLookAtLH will generate a left hand coordinate system so it is possible you can skip the scaling part...
And out of curiosity I'm starting to implement a Collada importer myself, so do you have a good description or source on how to do it other than the Specs?
I read this :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204853(VS.85).aspx
says that the order of the triangles must flipped(i do this)

and :
Quote:Use the view matrix to scale world space by -1 in the z-direction. To do this, flip the sign of the _31, _32, _33, and _34 member of the D3DMATRIX structure that you use for your view matrix.

when i apply a scale to -1 to the view matrix i see nothing!

but the transform must do to the view or the world matrix?

And, is the same use D3DXMatrixMultiply or the * operator?
Thanks.
Quote:
* Use the view matrix to scale world space by -1 in the z-direction. To do this, flip the sign of the _31, _32, _33, and _34 member of the D3DMATRIX structure that you use for your view matrix.

As it says you also need to negate _34. Just flip the signs of the matrix components.
view._31=-view._31;view._32=-view._32;view._33=-view._33;view._34=-view._34;

EDIT: scaling by -1 will also flip _34... Try disabling back-face culling and see if this helps.
but this transformation must be apply at definition of the view (the camera)or always on each transform?
And how find the mesh in the word after this transform ? i don't see nothing!

and i not understand if is the same thing set the view matrix(that i presume is a d3dxmatrix but i can't find it)to a value or transform it with a matrix

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement