I am looking for ideas on an Medevil or Futuristic RPG

Started by
16 comments, last by EkIchiGames 15 years, 3 months ago
i have ideas for an rpg. and i wanted to know your suggestions,im just looking it will probably be started in a few days if i get my suggestions i asked for. I am just looking for ideas to start off the game and it will generate from there probably,if i need more ideas,then ill keep this thread updated. i am looking for character races,classes,weapons,starting areas,factions,spells,ecomomy,and all that other good stuff. [Edited by - Giovanni A on January 13, 2009 7:06:43 PM]
Advertisement
Hi Giovanni A. I don't quite remember what you were looking for before you edited you post, but I wanted to note that you'll probably have better luck with responses if you post about a specific section of your game and ask for feedback on that (for instance, the conversation system or battle system or whatever).

In general, you'll find that people have a lot of different ideas about what constitutes an RPG, so the more specific you are the better.
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Ah,Thankyou very much,i havent even started the game yet,im in the production of the game basics right now,as in the starter things for it.
Quote:Original post by Giovanni A
Ah,Thankyou very much,i havent even started the game yet,im in the production of the game basics right now,as in the starter things for it.

So are you looking for ideas on what to work on?

If you're fairly new I'd strongly recommend keeping everything very simple and maybe even using an existing (simple RPG) game as a template which you make changes to as you see fit.
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
im trying to find one,i havent yet.
Are you trying to learning game programming by programming an RPG, but you don't have an RPG story idea?

[Edited by - Wai on January 13, 2009 5:16:28 PM]
no,he gave me advice to find an existing rpg game engine to build off of once the game is finalized.
now,thankyou though,but i know your trying to help,but do that in a pm please,only post here if you have ideas on an rpg,i have a basic story of it though,a Hell vs Heaven game basicly,with all creatures of the night,and darkness,against all the good and light.
To get this straight, you are looking for the basic mechanics of the game then? Sounds like you need to pick an easily modified existing engine, and run with that. Alternately, try to form a development team, with people who are willing to work with you to design the thing from the ground up.

It seems to me you're asking this forum to design the entire thing's setting. Which I doubt will happen.

If you have a story, you should have a setting for it already. Expand on that; what kind of people populate that world? What do they use as weapons? Where do they prefer to live? What kind of political system do they use? What kind of social organizations might arise from that?

Weapons and spells can be developed off of that. Classes can be developed both from common, necessary professions in the adventuring style, and from the social organizations you created.

Alternately, just use the typical Tolkien fantasy setting, with Western Medieval weapons and classes based around that.
ah,the setting will be in bible times,based back to where the book of revelations came about,where the first apocolypse was set. that didnt happen,but.... all creatures of darkness fought angels and all of that stuff. in the book.

probably two factions,one a religios democracy and the other a dictator ship,it will either be single or multiplayer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement