• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The problem with glCullFace() and specifying vertices....

This topic is 6146 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i´m a little bit confused about this: to speed up rendering, i use glCullFace(GL_BACK). OK. So my polys are all counter-clockwised (glFrontFace(GL_CCW). But when i want to draw a quad backface, for instance, i must swap vertex 0 and 3, or the primitive won´t be drawn. this is generally no problem, but it is inconvenient for me when i need to do some math. for example, my code to calc normals do not work properly for backface polys. i have considered to hold a specific option for every poly when it´s created, whether it is facing front or back and then either call glCullFace(GL_FRONT) or glCullFace(GL_BACK). But this seems still to inconvenient. i search for a solution which can test whether a polygon is facing back or front, even if i specify my points in the same order, and then calculate the proper normals... i hope you understand and can help me... thanks & greets gammastrahler

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Gammastrahler
to speed up rendering, i use glCullFace(GL_BACK). OK. So my polys are all counter-clockwised (glFrontFace(GL_CCW).

But when i want to draw a quad backface, for instance, i must swap vertex 0 and 3, or the primitive won´t be

If I understand the problem right can you disable culling or use glCullFace(GL_FRONT).

• Advertisement