• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Gif to Bmp

This topic is 3324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First i would like to say hello to everyone in this forum! :) I have a rather silly problem but i haven't come up with a solution yet so i would like to ask for some help. The problem i have is connected with game programming but the code for it isn't so i think i posted in the right forum. And now the problem: I have a lot of gif images which represent different types of monsters, npc and etc. The sprite engine reads only bmp and dib pictures so i need to make a function/procedure which does these things: 1. Split the gif into it's frames. 2. Put the frames one next to other by making a file which is 4 frames wide and ?? frames high. 3. Save the newly created file as a bmp image without the matter of it being 24-bit or 256-color (though making it 256-color with color accuracy would be great :) ) Thanks to everyone who has read this thread and i sincerely hope that someone will post a solution to this problem. :)

Advertisement
.Net has support for both formats, so you could write a small program that loads gif and saves bitmaps, thought I don't know how it handles gif animations. Another option is to write a script (with python) for gimp.

Thanks for the advice but i was rather thinking of using a custom delphi library to load gif images as i use delphi 6 and i haven't come across one that could split the gif into frames as this is the most hard part for me as well as converting the collected gif frames into a bmp file.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement