• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alex131

Gif to Bmp

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First i would like to say hello to everyone in this forum! :) I have a rather silly problem but i haven't come up with a solution yet so i would like to ask for some help. The problem i have is connected with game programming but the code for it isn't so i think i posted in the right forum. And now the problem: I have a lot of gif images which represent different types of monsters, npc and etc. The sprite engine reads only bmp and dib pictures so i need to make a function/procedure which does these things: 1. Split the gif into it's frames. 2. Put the frames one next to other by making a file which is 4 frames wide and ?? frames high. 3. Save the newly created file as a bmp image without the matter of it being 24-bit or 256-color (though making it 256-color with color accuracy would be great :) ) Thanks to everyone who has read this thread and i sincerely hope that someone will post a solution to this problem. :)

Advertisement
.Net has support for both formats, so you could write a small program that loads gif and saves bitmaps, thought I don't know how it handles gif animations. Another option is to write a script (with python) for gimp.

Thanks for the advice but i was rather thinking of using a custom delphi library to load gif images as i use delphi 6 and i haven't come across one that could split the gif into frames as this is the most hard part for me as well as converting the collected gif frames into a bmp file.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!