• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
serious_learner07

Multiple pixels shader for Image Processing App

This topic is 3504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to implement an Edge Detection application using GLSL. The Application has 3 major computations(RGB to B/W,Calculation of filter,Determining edge gradient magnititude)happening in one after another order. Each computation are to be implemented in pixel shaders. Output of one computation is to be given as an input to the next. Is it possible? If so, How I do implement? How do I initialize my shaders? How does output of one shader is given as input to next shader? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by serious_learner07
Is it possible?

Yes.
Quote:
If so, How I do implement? How do I initialize my shaders?

Doy you have some more specific question? If you don't know how to use shades at all, start by reading some tutorials/books and the specifications.
Quote:
How does output of one shader is given as input to next shader?

You can use frame buffer objects (FBOs) to render the result directly to a texture and use the texture in the next pass as input. Although you can also do edge detection in a single pass.

Another interesting tutorial:
Image Filtering with GLSL - Convolution Kernels

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!