Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarlok

Win32 Tutorials?

I've been programming with BASIC in my spare time, just for fun, and have only started to mess around with VC++ (6.0, Enterprise Ed.). Now, I've got MSDN July 2000 installed, but It's beyond me how people (usually IRC goers) expect me to just "figure it out" from MSDN. Every time I ask for some tutorials someone usually just points me at an address for the online MSDN database. *grumble* And if they do know what I'm lookig for they usually hand out a *hint* ("If I *Tell* you, you won't learn, now go away"). Very frustrating. And here's me thinking they were there to help me. *shrug* My way of thinking is if someone asks for something, you tell them what they want to know (if you know yourself ). What they do with that knowledge is up to them (Isn't it?). Anyway, onto my question: Are there a *any* tutorials that can help me learn how to make a Win32 program, or even a Window? Nothing special, Just a simple program that I Can open, looka t a blank window and then close again. I've examined the Default projects that I can have VC build for me, but I can't work it out (no *helpful* comments? (Keep in mind, I've never actually made anything in a compiler with "Visual" in the title before )). [Edit] Sorry, I just realised I posted this in the wrong forum. Would a MOD or Imm mind moving it please? [/Edit] Thanks, "When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic." - Sarlok Edited by - Sarlok on June 22, 2001 10:45:39 PM

http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com/tricks

I have the "Black Art of Windows Game Programming" and "Visual C++ Multimedia Adventure Set" CDs posted so you can browse and download the contents.

Ben

For learning Win32 API programm "Programming Windows" by Charles Petzold is thought to be the best stadard. You can buy it or can have its ebook. I think u can find the ebook at www.cpetzold.com.
I have found win32 programmnig much better than MFC and love to programme in it.

LUQI