Allegro wont take certain sizes

Started by
2 comments, last by konForce 15 years, 2 months ago
Hello everyone, for whatever reason I've been experience this annoying problem with Allegro. Any time I make windows with certain sizes it gives a pink screen in the window and hides in the top left out of view. // Screen const int SCREENWIDTH = 549; const int SCREENHEIGHT = 485; and many other sizes I've tried will do this. A lot of other sizes like: 640, 480 645, 200 All work fine. I'm not sure if Allegro has some kind of issue with certain screen sizes. I wanted to use Allegro to make a simple Map Editor to save time but I need my above size to work, which wont. I guess if I have to I will just use Direct X. EDIT: I'm not going to worry about this. Since I'm working on a deadline I gotta go ahead and program this without Allegro. If anyone does know why Allegro does do this I would still like to know. Thanks! [Edited by - MrCpaw on January 13, 2009 1:06:49 PM]
Advertisement
I don't know if this will be helpful: Have you considered using Mappy?

Have you tried the latest WIP branch? Historically speaking, Allegro WIP branches have been quite stable and usable.

What sort of map editor are you making exactly?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that windows 'windows' dimensions need to be in multiples of 5.
In Allegro 4, the screen width must be divisible by four. In the odd chance that limitation is problematic, then you can blit your back buffer at (dx,0) or create a centered sub-bitmap of the desired width.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement