Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tcl71

More..........Stupid Newbie Questions

Well actually,this is my first time posting in this forum. My first question,is would the Power Render engine work for a racing sim,or is it intended more... for RGP''s? And two,is it somthing that some one(ie..me)could use....with out any programming experiance?

First, PowerRender can be used for any game type between racing simulations to platform games and other space sim or rpg...

Second, No, it is necessary to have a good understanding on how to program C or C++ and how to program in a windows environment or you''ll be stuck sometime...

You can deny to learn DirectX but it could also help you in certain occasions...

Still, if you want to build a racing game and want to learn how to program, it can be done but I warn you that you may find a lot of difficulties and more if you are planning to do your first game... Try to find a small project and to join it first... It s the best way to learn...

Amadrias
France

Thanks Amadrias....thats kinda what I thought.
I know your right,about difficulties.I,ve got beginners tutitorial''s and books for programming...but,there still way over my head........ I wish they made....the complete idiots guide to programming..LOL