• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dreamport

hi guys... SDL linux help...

This topic is 3540 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

sound support for SDL doesnt work on nonroot user.. my program in SDL with SDL_mixer or the sound extendion library, crashes when compiled on nonroot useraccount but when compiled on root account, the code works just fine.. ive heard of pulseaudio but i dont know how to configure it... pls help me configure pulseaudio to let nonroot user have the access on using the sound pulseaudio.... thnx guys and have a nice day...

Advertisement
So when you compile your program as root it works when run as your regular user, but when you compile it as an unprivileged user it crashes when run? That is very odd. You can choose what sound backend you use from the sound menu (under system->preferences in Gnome).

Are you saying it works if you COMPILE in root or if you RUN in root? I don't think it matters which user you compile under.

Double check that you user is in the Audio group, but if sound works for other apps then it should already be set.

Do you manually choose which audio device to open in SDL (/dev/dsp for example), or simply ask it to use a sound daemon (ALSA or OSS, etc)? I haven't used SDL for audio before.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!