How can i keep my character model walk / run on the ground ?

Started by
7 comments, last by Daivuk 15 years, 3 months ago
All i want to ask is the same as the topic title , can someone give me some advice ...
Advertisement
Make sure that the feet stay there.

What language are you using? What API? 2D or 3D? We need way more information...
We will have no idea what you're trying to accomplish unless you give us more information...
i'm using opengl and c++ to programming
How do you represent the ground? Is it a flat plane? A terrain? An indoor level?
And how do you represent the character? A skinned mesh? Keyframed mesh? 2D sprite?
I totally agree with everyone else's posts here, you really need to provide alot more information really abvout your situation, it's nearly impossible to give advice on what you need without it. e.g. From the title I'm assuming you're working with an animation and want the feet to stay flat on the ground, so I'd suggest looking into Inverse Kinematics (commonly just IK), but that may have nothing to do with what your problem is.
i'm sorry for not giving much information coz i'm a newbie ... actually i had many question :

1 > if i used a static model and i want to move it on the terrain , how could i do it

2 > With a skinned mesh , for example if my character had many legs , how could i keep my character moving on the terrain and each leg must be on the height corresponding to the terrain height

i've read some articles and books , some use a point , a line or a triangle to make the model attach to the ground
In you case, I would use a point. Then render your model at that point. Offset it to the height required so the feet are on the ground. And that's it. Always render that model at that offset value from the ground.

If using a skinned mesh, the animators will make the animation and you dont have to worry about it.

There is nothing else to do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement