• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Evil

[java] Java3D overlay

This topic is 3474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, Does anybody know how to draw a 2D overlay on a Java3D Canvas3D? What I'm trying to do is draw a selection frame when dragging the mouse. I can't/don't want to do this in 3D (i.e. lines at depth 0) since the scene should not be redrawn entirely for this. I'd prefer a pure 2D solution that is laid on top of the canvas, something that leaves the canvas' back buffer as is. There are several things I tried, without much success until now: - use the Graphics of the Canvas3D -> I can't clear this for updates - use J3DGraphics2D (Canvas3D.getGraphics2D() -> nothing did render at all JCanvas3D didn't work either. Otherwise I'd just lay a "glass" panel on top of the canvas. The problem here is that the hardware I'm developing on (and for) doesn't support offscreen rendering. Did anyone solve the problem or does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance, Thomas

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!