• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
resle

OpenGL [D3D10] Avoiding bleeding in atlases

This topic is 3621 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When creating a gui, using a single "texture atlas" to hold the various elements (check,radio,framework,buttons etc.) seems the logical choice. Back in the days of OpenGL I don't remember experiencing the bleeding I am suffering now. What should I do to avoid the bleeding? - Mipmaps shouldn't be used at all since it's an orthogonal projection after all. - Setting a MIN_MAG_MIP_POINT sampler avoids bleeding but isn't good looking when I need to rescale a gui element for some reason. Is there some other way?

Advertisement
Have a look at the texture atlas tools and whitepaper at http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

Thanks for the link, I am evaluating that solution..

..which brought me to think about texture arrays too, since I am working with DX10. I have wrote some code that takes a folder as input, and builds a texture array using all the textures it finds inside. But now I wonder.. how do I sample the "Wth texture" out of the array in the shader? (U,V...W)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!