• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] Silverlight

This topic is 3290 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hopefully, learning Silverlight won't be too hard. I figured since I dabble in web development and I am trying to learn C#, I thought I could learn Silverlight and kill two birds with one stone. Does anyone have any recommended Silverlight books to learn with? I was thinking of one of these: Beginning Silverlight 2: From Novice to Professional (Beginning: from Novice to Professional) Pro Silverlight 2 in C# 2008 (Windows.Net) Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 2.0, 2nd Edition and possibly this book: Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (Expert's Voice in .Net)

Advertisement
Honestly, check out the web videos on Silverlight.net, or download some of the community Samples. I have a game out there called Vector Space Zer0. The code is really pretty sloppy. But it shows at least one approach.

It's pretty easy to get started if you just play around. If you're familiar with WPF you're way ahead of the game. If you just know C#, you should still be pretty comfortable.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement