blender to XNA for rigged models

Started by
0 comments, last by Ashaman73 15 years, 3 months ago
Hi sorry but I'm a model noob and am having problems: I can export a simple model to fbx no worries, but when I try exporting more complicated models I get problems. For example, the free otto and ludwig models seems to have problems with multiple roots and arm.L and arm.R for example are seen as the same name when the content is built. I know I'll have to understand nameing and the model structure eventually, but I really wanted to get on with other stuff first and not get bogged down with intricacies of model formats until I know what format to focus on and what tools I'll be using. In short, does the blender exporter to fbx work properly, should I rename objects, or am I doing something silly like trying to export the wrong selections? If there is already a good post on this sorry for missing it. PS Blender 2.48 for XNA 3.0
Advertisement
Well, first off there's a modified fbx exporter for XNA, take this and try again.

But you might encounter problems with complexe animations. Tools like blender or max support many animation methods (morphing, lattice, bone...) whereas games only support a subset of these animation methods (i.e. morphing and/or bones). In this case your gameframework tries to animate your model with only a subset of the neccessary methods which could look quite weird.

Try to use models made for games.

--
Ashaman

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement