Lock mouse to window corner

Started by
21 comments, last by kittycat768 15 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by lordikon
Because it is code from work I cannot copy and paste it, and I'm not currently at work so I don't have the code in front of me anyhow.

Which comments do you mean, the only stuff I think I left out what the corner sizing. For the corner sizing if the user has resized the window more horizontally then I treat the movement the same as I would if they were dragging the the right or left, and so I adjust the width, otherwise I adjust the height.

Okay, I understand why you can't post your code. I just can't offer any more information w/o actually seeing your code. I guess your code would probably be your companies code. Best of luck.

WTB a programming job ;_;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I once read that World of Warcraft is poor fishing simulator. I don't know about you but I catch a lot more fish in World of Warcraft than I do in real life.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by kittycat768
Because it is code from work I cannot copy and paste it, and I'm not currently at work so I don't have the code in front of me anyhow.

Which comments do you mean, the only stuff I think I left out what the corner sizing. For the corner sizing if the user has resized the window more horizontally then I treat the movement the same as I would if they were dragging the the right or left, and so I adjust the width, otherwise I adjust the height.

Okay, I understand why you can't post your code. I just can't offer any more information w/o actually seeing your code. I guess your code would probably be your companies code. Best of luck.

Here is what I'm doing inside the corner dragging cases, nothing special.if ( widthDiffGreaterThanHeightDiff ){    if ( fAspectRatio < MIN_ASPECT_RATIO )	// Not wide enough    {	// Make window shorter	fHeight = (fWidth / MIN_ASPECT_RATIO) ;    }    // If window is too wide    else if ( fAspectRatio > MAX_ASPECT_RATIO )    {	// Make window taller	fHeight = (fWidth / MAX_ASPECT_RATIO);	    }}else{    // If window is not wide enough, make it wider    if ( fAspectRatio < MIN_ASPECT_RATIO)    {        // Set height so that we reach MIN_ASPECT_RATIO	fWidth = (fHeight * MIN_ASPECT_RATIO) + 0.5f;    }    // If window is too wide after shortening it, make it less wide    else if ( fAspectRatio > MAX_ASPECT_RATIO )    {	// Set width so that we reach MAX_ASPECT_RATIO	fWidth = (fHeight * MAX_ASPECT_RATIO) + 0.5f;    }}
Quote:Original post by kittycat768

Here is what I'm doing inside the corner dragging cases, nothing special.if ( widthDiffGreaterThanHeightDiff ){    if ( fAspectRatio < MIN_ASPECT_RATIO )	// Not wide enough    {	// Make window shorter	fHeight = (fWidth / MIN_ASPECT_RATIO) ;    }    // If window is too wide    else if ( fAspectRatio > MAX_ASPECT_RATIO )    {	// Make window taller	fHeight = (fWidth / MAX_ASPECT_RATIO);	    }}else{    // If window is not wide enough, make it wider    if ( fAspectRatio < MIN_ASPECT_RATIO)    {        // Set height so that we reach MIN_ASPECT_RATIO	fWidth = (fHeight * MIN_ASPECT_RATIO) + 0.5f;    }    // If window is too wide after shortening it, make it less wide    else if ( fAspectRatio > MAX_ASPECT_RATIO )    {	// Set width so that we reach MAX_ASPECT_RATIO	fWidth = (fHeight * MAX_ASPECT_RATIO) + 0.5f;    }}

I understand what you're doing with this. I just today added this type of code and now my window can scale based on the x movement or y movement when being resized from a corner. before I would have to move the mouse on the x-axis.
The way I snap my cursor is if I scale the height while dragging the bottom edge, I set the cursor y coordinate to the y of the bottome edge after I scale it. I can't help but keep coding on this idea. I've implemented a lot of what you've posted. I don't know if I'll ever stop playing with my code. I just hope that you can find some of my code as useful as I've found some of your code. [smile]

case WMSZ_TOPLEFT:	// The cursor move further or as much along the x axis as it did on the y axis	if(abs((int)(p.x - pold.x)) >= abs((int)(p.y - pold.y)))	{		// Snap the corner to the cursor.		rcWnd -> left = p.x;		// Limit how far the left edge can go.		constraint = rcWnd -> right - GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXMIN);		if(p.x > constraint) p.x = rcWnd -> left = constraint;		width = rcWnd -> right - rcWnd -> left - xborder;	// Subtract the border from the width of the window.		// Scale the height of the window using the aspect ratio of it's client area.		rcWnd -> top = rcWnd -> bottom - yborder - ycaption - (long)((float)width * yaspect);		// Snap the cursor to the corner.		p.y = rcWnd -> top;	}	// The cursor moved further along the y axis than it did on the x axis	else	{		// Snap the top edge to the cursor.		rcWnd -> top = p.y;		// Limit how far the top edge can go. SM_CXMIN includes the border, so subtract it when neccessary.		constraint = rcWnd -> bottom - yborder - ycaption - (long)((float)(GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXMIN) - xborder) * yaspect);		if(p.y > constraint) p.y = rcWnd -> top = constraint;		// Subtract the border and caption from the height of the window.		height = rcWnd -> bottom - rcWnd -> top - yborder - ycaption;		// Scale the width of the window using the aspect ratio of it's client area.		rcWnd -> left = rcWnd -> right - xborder - (long)((float)height * xaspect);		// Snap the cursor to the corner.		p.x = rcWnd -> left;	}break;

I throw this in at the end of WM_SIZING:

pold = p;SetCursorPos(p.x, p.y);rcWnd = 0;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I once read that World of Warcraft is poor fishing simulator. I don't know about you but I catch a lot more fish in World of Warcraft than I do in real life.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement