• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MysticC

Greeting

This topic is 3448 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,there. Allow me to introduce myself please. I am a Chinese game developer, a game lover. I wanted to make my own game when I was a boy. in university time, I learned all program knowledge by myself. including C++, data struct, WIN32, graphic algebra, DirectX. And I tried to make game, anyway, I have be failed in the beginning. Finally, I got success in 2008 year. a ARPG(Adventure Role Play Games) made by myself, click here have a look I also made the game editor and map editor for this game. Then, a 3D model editor made by myself, click here have a look it looks very like Milkshape3D, you can use it to edit mesh, material, and bone animation. After I put my works on the Internet, many Chinese people start to asking me for my source codes. I won't give them source codes free. Because some guy will copy source codes into his project. They became very very angry, and call my names all the time. Every day I receive many emails asking source codes. A guy told me that he want to buy my source code, I gave him the source code, but he didn't pay me! Then the guy found the source code which I gave to him is not a full one. He was very angry and said he wants to kill me. I was so scared! But fortunately, he didn't. In a word, I am very disappointed to Chinese people. And I have left all Chinese game BBS. Now I come to Gamedev. I found here is much better than Chinese game BBS. Greeting to gamedev!

Advertisement
nice to meet you, You sound like a nice guy. that guy thats wants to kill you is most likey just some fat man sitting in his moms one room house that has a leaf roof. I never give any thing away free, because here in the usa people will steal from you the first chance they get.

Hi there. Glad to see you're enjoying your stay here.

I would, however, like to point out the innate hypocrisy of your complaints regarding personal assets: the art in your game is stolen. Please don't attempt to distribute the game you have created until you have replaced the stolen art you are currently using with either freely available art or your own.

Yes, you understanded very well. The innate hypocrisy is inside my heart. Chinese people won't tell others their true feeling. They always hide the true in their heart. I don't know why.

Very nice to meet you. Glad to see some game developers coming from far away countries. Your english is very good also! Can't wait to see more of your work, your game looks good.

I become a professional programmer now, working on Dragon Game Company. They pay cash here. Next step, I am going to make a new version for my 3D model editor, Easy3D Maker. there will be English version for it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!