Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyberkid

Delphi & Power Render

is it possible to use Power Render with Delphi ? why just it has C++ header files ? u know Delphi has a full DLL support so if it has Delphi SDK, Power Render will gain lots of registered users around the world,isn''t it ? Please help if someone knows about tricks about it that ? Thanks for all your help

As far as I know, to use delphi with an engine powered by DirectX you need it to be compiled as a com object in order to have delphi calling its functions and other variables...

The work Chris is doing with PR is something really huge and I do not think he has enought time even for anything else than working for PowerRender as a static library for C/C++ languages.

Amadrias
France

I could be all wrong here since I know very little about PR beyond what''s on the website, but if it''s just some C header files that you use to call functions in dlls then probably all that is needed is some header conversions (see the JEDI conversions of the DirectX and OpenGL headers). I''ve done that kind of thing before and it''s time consuming, tedious work but not that difficult. If I ever buy PR that''s my first order of business: writing a Delphi interface for it. I''m sure it can be done, as it''s been done for Genesis 3D and similar projects.

There are no DLL''s in Power Render. Everything resides in static libraries so this may cause more problems.

everything is in static C libraries ? this means ''pr.H'' links other static libraries inside it,isn''t it ?
and i must convert all static libraries, ? how it is pain ,u know.
what can i do now ? i am open for all your advices ..
thanks your replies..

There is around 2 megs of C code for examples and tools that would need to be converted to other languages too. This is one of the reasons I have no desire to port to Delphi or VB.